Skiing in Schools
2020-2021 School Group Trip Information (Monday-Friday)
Bring the classroom to the slopes! The Camp Fortune Skiing in Schools program promotes non-competitive, life-long outdoor physical activity. Our snow sport events emphasize movement skills and self-awareness and help to improve strength and endurance – it is a recognized complement to the physical education curriculum.
Ski and Snowboard
Safety, Skills and Fun for your School Group!
6 Reasons to choose Camp Fortune this season:
1. Camp Fortune Safety and Skill Assessment and Technique Centre
Safety is our #1 priority. To ensure the highest possible safety standards we have created an on-snow technique centre to assess and coach all students prior to distributing their lift ticket for trail access.
Included for ALL students on their first visit:
- skill assessment
- prevention and safety discussion
- overview of the terrain commiserate to their specific lift and trail validation
For experienced skiers and boarders this process is expected to take 10-20 minutes.
The development centre will be staffed until 6:00 pm. Students can return at any time to have their skill level re-assessed or to receive additional coaching.
For those who require support to achieve a “green” run lift validation coaching will be provided to:
- Turn and stop safely
- Learn to ride the lift
- Safely Navigate a “green terrain”/ beginner run
2. Group Lessons
- All Camp Fortune instructors are certified via CSIA, CSCF and/or CASI and receive supplementary annual training
- A group lesson ensures that students at the “never-ever”, beginner, novice, intermediate and advanced level receive dedicated instruction to improve their skills using a curriculum-based approach
Widest variety of terrain in the Region featuring 3 peaks that include:
- 5 easy “green” – all 5 lit for night skiing
- 12 intermediate “blue” – 4 lit for night skiing
- 5 advanced “black” – 4 lit for night skiing
- 3 very difficult “double black”
- Longest season in the region from mid-November to mid-April with night skiing from late December to late March
- Snowmaking: Camp Fortune has state of the art snowmaking. We make a base of manmade snow on 90% of our trails. This ensures excellent conditions all season long regardless of the weather and natural snow fall
- Grooming techniques: Camp Fortune has three Pisten Bully groomers. Our trails are groomed out late night, early morning 7 days per week to ensure all skiers can enjoy great snow conditions. Not only do these machines lay corduroy, they also chop up the base layer and turn a firm snowpack into skiable snow. Our Pisten Bully Winch Cat groomer can move snow around on steep terrain, ensuring complete coverage and an even base
5. Ski Patrol
- 80-member team trained and certified under the auspices of the Canadian Ski Patrol
- The Patrol open and close the mountain; patrollers are present on the slopes at all times
- Promote safety and prevention — Camp Fortune is compliant with all OPHEA guidelines
- 3 on-site first-aid clinics
6. Focus on Customer Service
- Trip management
- Adult supervisors ski free (1:10 ratio)
- Pre-set rentals and pre-printed tickets
- Organizer season pass offer
- Free access to marked snowshoe and cross-country ski trails – explore the beauty of the Gatineau Park! Snowshoe rentals available.
Resources & Information
Booking Process (Monday-Friday School Groups)
Please complete the reservation request. We will contact you to confirm the reservation and will send the documentation required to pre-order any required rentals.
Please review the PDF “Planning Your Trip” for a full explanation of our school groups services.
Please note: Camp Fortune uses a Radio-Frequency ID lift ticket system, therefore we have made adjustments to our pre-trip information requirements and arrival procedures with respect to ticket distribution.
Snowshoe Trails & Rentals
We’ve added snowshoeing in order to make your school visit as inclusive as possible. Well marked trails loop through the beautiful forest of the Gatineau Park.
School Racing and Training
Camp Fortune has the race expertise to assist your young athletes to prepare for local and provincial level race events.
Are your intermediate skiers looking for a new challenge? Request a novice course set-up with coaching and introduce them to the technical demands of racing.
Please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Preferred dates and lane start time (2-hour block)
- Discipline (slalom, GS, snowboard)
- Preferred hill (Slalom skier’s right, Slalom skier’s left, Marshall)
- Approximate number of athletes and coaches requiring lift tickets
Please note: student athletes participating in coach-supervised race training will receive regular lift tickets and will not be required to participate in the skill and safety assessment.
2020-2021 Camp Fortune — Skiing in Schools
School Group Alpine Rates (Monday – Friday)
(1-HR Group Lesson)
|Elementary/High School||$14.79 + tax
|$8.70 + tax
|$11.31 + tax
| $11.31 + tax
| $4.35 + tax
|College and University||$17.40 + tax
|$13.05 + tax
|$13.05 + tax
|$13.05 + tax
| $4.35 + tax
*Includes safety and skill assessment
Alpine Season Passes for School Groups
Season pass rates for school groups are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
School Race Rate Alpine
|Set Course||2 Hours|
Includes: gates, 1 staff member for site safety
|$150 + tax
Includes: electronic timing, bibs, 2 staff members to operate timing equipment and provide site safety
|$250 + tax
|Coach||$75 + tax
|Lift Ticket||$14.79+ tax
|Snowshoe rates||Day||1/2 Day or night|
|Regular||$20 plus tax||$12 plus tax|
|Child||$10 plus tax||$10 plus tax|
|Guides: guides are available on request for an additional fee.|
- School organizers are responsible for the collection of all money. We issue a single invoice per trip.
- We will endeavor to provide complimentary lift tickets to all necessary supervisory staff (approximately 1:10). Assessments and lessons are for students only.
- Adults accompanying the group are eligible to receive the Camp Fortune Skiing in School lift and rental rate however they must be included, in advance, as part of the group. Assessments and lessons are for students only.
- Changes to rentals can be made up to 36 hours in advance of each trip. “Walk-in” additions to rentals will be accommodated but may be invoiced at the regular posted rate.
- Changes to lessons can be made up to 36 hours in advance of each trip. After this time lessons are non-refundable.
Adult Group Rates
WEEKDAY LIFT TICKETS*
|Number of Participants||Ticket|
|20 +||$24 + tax = $27.60|
*One complimentary lift ticket per group
|Ski||$15 + tax = $17.25|
|Snowboard (max. 20)||$25 + tax = $28.75|
|Helmet||$10 + tax = $11.50|
Group organizers are responsible for the collection of all money. We require a single payment per trip.